Our next DIY project is a total eye-catcher, if you put it right! It is addressed to the skillful ladies who feel the monochrome nail design as boring. Try the so-called marble nails (Marble Nail Design), a nail design with water and nail polish.You can try it out yourself or make it together with a friend. Our tip: The first attempt is best done with just one color. After a successful result, you can then expand the design to two to five colors.
MARble Nail design with water and nail polish – make marble nails yourself
There are many techniques for nail decoration and the special here is the water. Nail polish drops are added to the water, resulting in concentrated layers of paint on the surface. Then you can leave the pattern like this or make it free with a toothpick – make as desired chaotic or precise movements in the water. The appropriate pattern will soon be transferred to the fingernails.
Nail design with water and nail polish – The marble effect as a popular trend in graphic and interior design
Before you have to consider and prepare a few things:
1. The water – It is best not to use tap water, as the larger amount of lime may cause undesirable effects on nail polish. It is best to obtain still mineral water or distilled water at normal room temperature.
2. Fingers – Apply a greasy cream or oil on the skin around your fingernails just before painting, so you can remove the paint more easily afterwards. But do not grease the nail yourself!
3. The container – Use either an old bowl you no longer need or a disposable cup, as you will probably not be able to remove the paint residue later.
Pretty floral motifs as a nail design
4. Colors – For the first time, choose a base color and one or two more colors for the accents.
5. The Technique – Dip your fingers one at a time into the mixture. First, start with one hand and when the paint has dried, repeat the whole with the second.
6. The color chaos – The excess paint on the finger skin can be properly removed with cotton swabs and some nail polish remover.
Nail design with water – So the nail polish can be mixed
P.S. Give yourself enough time so you do not have to frustrate with an unsatisfactory result and be patient! Have fun!
Other water technology for marble nails – First dip a piece of foil into the water, then add drops of paint and transfer the appropriate pattern from the foil to the fingernails